Each week during our 2021 New Years Series “Dreaming a New Normal” we will be sharing a list of weekly scriptures and reflection questions to help go a little deeper as we dream of a new, even better, kind of normal.
As you reflect on the scriptures for this week, pray for the wisdom to discern God’s ways and to be open to the possibilities of new ways of doing things.
Scriptures for this week:
- Monday: “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfullness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
- Tuesday: “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10
- Wednesday: “…do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
- Thursday: “For this reason, I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.” 2 Timothy 1:6
- Friday: “For behold, I create new heavenes and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create.” Isaiah 65:17
- Saturday: “But no one puts a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and a worse tear results. Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.” Matthew 9:16
Many thanks to Rev. Dr. Peter Grassow and the Brookings United Methodist Church for sharing these further reflections with us.