If you would like to support the ministries of FirstChurch with an online donation, please click the button above!
You can now make a contribution to First United Methodist Church with a quick text message!
- Simply send a text to 605-956-4082 with the amount you would like to contribute.
- Make sure to include the dollar sign before the amount. Example: $25.
- Within a few minutes, you’ll be sent a text with a link to register.
- Click on the link and enter your cardholder name and credit or debit card information.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a text verification and a receipt via email
For future giving, simply send a text to the number above with the amount you wish to give, and it will process automatically!
As always, you can also give in person during one of our worship times!
Giving at Watertown FirstChurch is so much more than financial. We believe that God calls us to give of our Time, our Talent, & our Treasure! There must be a solid balance of these three for us to carry on the mission God has given us.
The time we spend with God is important. Taking time each day to read scripture, talk with God through prayer, and use our gifts to serve will draw us closer to God. When we come together to do these things in community, the church (God’s people) grows stronger.
Scripture talks about Talents (Matthew 25). Jesus taught in this parable that we should put our talents to work for God. (It was talking about money, but the translated word applies.) Whether you sing, play an instrument, create art, teach, have strong administrative skills or something else altogether, God wants you to use those gifts to strengthen Christ’s Body, the church (1 Corinthians 12).
The Bible tells us “Where your treasure is, your heart is also” (Matthew 6:21). Giving financially to support the ministries of FirstChurch is an important spiritual step in growing closer to God.