AUTUMN FESTIVAL &
BAKE SALE AT FIRST CHURCH
Saturday, November 4, 2024
9:00 am—1:00 pm
Fresh Homemade Rolls • Coffee • Deserts
Methodist Hamburger Soup • Pulled Pork Sandwiches
• BAKE SALE (Fellowship Hall)
Calling all bakers—If you’d like to donate baked goods,
please drop them off Thurs. Nov. 2 or Fri. Nov. 3. Thanks.
• GRANDMA’S ATTIC (Cook Hall)
Donated items for Grandma’s Attic may be dropped off
ONLY ON THESE DAYS PLEASE:
Sat. Oct 28th 4-5 pm, Sun. Oct 29th 9—10 am
Wed. Nov. 1st 5-7 pm, Thurs. Nov. 2nd 11:30 am—3 pm
Please NO Furniture, Clothing, Shoes, Bedding, Curtains.
NO DVDs, CDs, VCRs, Electronics, Broken Items.
• FIRST CREATIONS (Fellowship Hall)
Do you have a homemade item that you specialize in?
We’d love to have you share your talents by inviting you to DONATE up to 5 items of your homemade craft. You set the price but please know that all the proceeds will go towards our mission of a new Electronic Carillon Bell System for the church as well as Youth Camp Scholarships.
• ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR SALE (Fellowship Hall)
Greeting Cards, Rada Cutlery, Baby Quilts
PLEASE NOTE: Proceeds will go towards updating the Electronic Carillon Bell System for our church as well as supporting our Youth Camping Program.
•What, you may be asking, is a Carillon Bell System?
– A Carillon consists of a series of at least 23 tuned bells that can be programmed to play a broad range of music.
– Carillons can be heard throughout North America in cities, at churches, on school campuses, in public parks and many other places where people gather.
– When First Church was built in 1914 there was a huge bell in the bell tower that was rung to signify the start of worship and other events.
– At that time in history some folks may not have had another device to help them tell time, so this bell system was a welcome sound in the community.
– Many years ago our church installed an electric bell system which could be programmed to play music at certain times of the day which was enjoyed by many in our church as well as in the community.
– With time our system has become obsolete. A new Electronic Carillon System is now available to replace the system we currently have that is no longer operational.
We hope that the proceeds from the Fall Festival will help us on our way to a new Carillon Bell System so we can once again enjoy the music to signify events in our church as well as provide scholarships so that everyone who wishes to attend church camp is able to go.